- Lots of reading and writing around the subject of TV advertising.
- Finalising an idea around the title "Examining mood and style created by choice of sound and image in audio visual advertising"
- Having the idea rejected by my tutor.
- Reforming the idea with tutors advice around the title "Advertising's progression with Web 2.0: An exploration of content, style and interactivity"
After reading a good deal more from some of the sources below, I have concentrated my searches on defining interactivity on the web and asking why it is wanted (or if it is wanted). I also like the questions of ethics and psychology of ads in the form they take on the web. Reading so far has revealed that a lot of time has been spent by ad agencies on tricking the web surfer in order to get 'click through' success.
By broadening my topics to the areas described above I have felt more relaxed about the project and confident about writing.
Sources so far:
- jiad.org (journal of interactive advertising)
- Advertising by Tony Yeshin
- Electronic Commerce by Gary Schneider
- The Soul Of The New Consumer by David Lewis & Darren Bridger
- The Virtual Dimension Edited by John Beckman
- Design Research by Brenda Laurel
- The language of New Media by Lev Manovich
- Online journals:
Media, Culture and Society.
Television and New Media.